Sunday, January 9, 2011

The clock is ticking

I have what has been called "oral historian anxiety syndrome" even though I haven't yet been an oral historian. I feel the time slipping away and with it the stories of our older generations. How do we as a community capture the memories before it is to late? We must first begin with a plan and that is what I hope to accomplish by calling a meeting on Jan17,2011. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am not the only one who feels this anxiety and that citizens will be knocking down the door to join me in this cause! Kamiah,Idaho - is such a nice place to live and it has the best library. Of course, as the library manager I would think so, what better place to begin a history project. Unless the historical society wants to take on the project - I don't care who does the work as long as the stories are collected and they stay as part of our community record.

No comments:

Post a Comment